Best Blood Cancer Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
33 Years old Mozambique Patient undergoes CTVS pro....
Patient: Mr SargioCangola Age: 33 male Country: Mozam....Read More
UAE Patient Underwent Successful Knee Replacement ....
Country: UAE Condition: Knee Problems Treatment: Robo....Read More
All types of Cancers are considered life-threatening, but blood cancer is considered worse in comparison to others, because of the high risk of cancer cells spreading in the entire body, as blood travel through the entire body.
Initially, the cells of Leukemia/ Blood cancer develop in the blood-forming organs and tissues, that spread in the other organs of the body as the stages progress. There are different types of blood cancers:
Leukemia: happens when patients white blood cells (leukocytes) become cancerous.
Lymphoma:happens when a certain type of white cells (lymphocytes) become cancerous.
Usually, bone marrow/ stem cell transplant is used for treating blood cancer. Early detection, increases the chances of a blood cancer patient’s recovery. Most Blood Cancer Treatment Hospitals in India are equipped with all the latest cancer treatment technologies and offerinternational standard treatment to patients.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Factors that can help the patient select the right hospital:
• Is the hospital accredited or certified to practice by the country’s healthcare association (NABH or JCI)? JCI (Joint Commission International) is an international standard set for healthcare providers for facilitating the patients. NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) is a similar Indian standard that only certifies the hospitals within the country.
• What is the condition of the infrastructure of the medical center? Surgical treatments require the patient to spend roughly 4 or more days in the healthcare center, making it important for the hospital to have the necessary facilities to motivate patients to recover.
• Are all types of cancer treatment technologies available in the medical center? Patients should explore treatment option and verify if the healthcare center have all the equipment to perform bone marrow or stem cell transplant surgery.
• What is the qualification of the faculty at the medical facility? Is a reputed or an experienced surgeon available for the operation? Usually, severe surgeries are performed be head surgeon of the hospital, but the patient should contact to ensure their availability on the date of the surgery.
We understand that the patient might feel overwhelmed by traveling to a different country for their treatment, where they have no idea about the best blood cancer surgery hospital or surgeon. Patients can research about the medical center and learn about the technologies and faculty available there, on medmonks.com.
2. What technologies are popularly used at Blood Cancer Treatment Hospitals in India?
Blood cancer treatment – is selected by the oncologist based on several factors like the age, overall health, stage and other medical conditions of the patient. Some common treatments used may include:
Bone Marrow Transplant – is the procedure used for replacing diseased or damaged bone marrow with healthy marrow stem cells.
Stem Cell Therapy – Stem Cells are immature blood cells produced in bone marrow that turn into different blood cells. In this therapy stem cells are placed inside the patient’s body, that fight the cancer cells while producing healthy blood cells.
Chemotherapy – involves the use of anti-cancer drugs, that helps stop the growth of cancer.
Radiation Therapy – involves the use of an X-ray machine that directs radiation on the affected cancerous area for killing the cancers cells.
CyberKnife – is an advanced LINAC (lightweight linear accelerator) technology that has a robotic arm, which is operated by oncologists for delivering focused radiation beams directly on the target.
Immunotherapy – involves the use of advanced drugs which train the immune system of the patient to fight with the cancer cells aggressively.
3. Why does the cost of treatment vary in different medical centers in the same country or location?
The cost of blood cancer treatment in India, vary in different healthcare centers within the same location because of the infrastructure, faculty and the technology available in there.
Other factors which might also affect the cost include:
• The room charges at the medical center
• The facilities available at the medical facility
• The surgeon’s or the staff’s experience in the healthcare facility.
• Hospital’s cancer treatment success rate. Experienced surgeons will charge extra fees for the surgery.
• Location of Blood Cancer Hospital in India (Rural or Urban)
4. What facilities are given to international patients?
Most medical centers put in a lot of effort to make international patients as comfortable as possible during their treatment in their hospitals. However, in case patients find themselves dealing with any conflict with the doctor or the staff they can contact Medmonks, whose 24*7 assistance team will guide them to achieve a solution.
5. Do healthcare centers provide telemedicine services for international patients? Will Medmonks help me get in touch with my surgeon?
Telemedicine is a critical component of solving a healthcare crisis. It promises to help the patient recover or relieve his/her pain through immediate medical guidance over the telephone. Medmonks provides telemedicine for patients, by linking them directly to their healthcare care and staff who took care of them during their treatment. The services can be used, during or after the treatment, if required due to an emergency.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the medical center chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different facility?
Patients are free to seek a different opinion if they don’t agree or want to go forward with the treatment suggested by the doctor which has been selected by them. Medmonks can help the patient move to a different hospital if they prefer the treatment plan suggested by a different surgeon.
7. What is the cost of blood cancer treatment in India?
The cost of blood cancer treatment in India is subject to change according to the cause of the surgery, which makes it difficult to put a set price on the procedure. And its cost can also be influenced by the number or type of machines and equipment used in the treatment/ surgery. However, blood cancer treatment in India can range from USD 5,000 to USD 10,000.
8. Are all reputed doctors working at popular hospitals in India?
Yes, this might be true for most cases, but some reputed cancer specialists in India end up practicing privately at their own healthcare center or clinic. Patients might want to go through the list of best cancer surgeons in India, while they are searching for the hospital that has the equipment to treat blood cancer.
9. Why choose Medmonks?
“Medmonks provides 360-degree medical assistance to international patients, directing them to their global network of some of the best hospitals and surgeons in more than 14 different countries. We arrange travel, treatment and accommodation services for the patients during their stay in India, to allow them to only concentrate on their healing.
Free Consultations before or after the treatment – Patient can receive consultation services from their doctors before coming to India, or get follow up care through online chat after the treatment using our services.
Free Translation Services – We provide free professional translators to our patients who help in making their stay easier in India, by communicating their needs and concerns with the Blood Cancer Treatment Hospitals in India.
Treatment Management – Apart from managing travel and accommodation facilities for the patients, we will also coordinate with the hospital and make an appointment for them, ensuring to start their treatment as soon as possible.”
To book an appointment with the best blood cancer treatment hospital in India contact Medmonks.