Best Root Canal Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
33 Years old Mozambique Patient undergoes CTVS pro....
Patient: Mr SargioCangola Age: 33 male Country: Mozam....Read More
UAE Patient Underwent Successful Knee Replacement ....
Country: UAE Condition: Knee Problems Treatment: Robo....Read More
Root canal therapy (RCT) is performed to repair and save a tooth that is badly infected or decayed. It is performed by an endodontist or root canal specialist. Root canal procedure involves the removal of the pulp followed by cleaning and sealing of the inner part of the tooth. A root canal is performed when the center part of the tooth, which houses the blood vessels, nerves and connective tissues, is infected. During a root canal, your dentist gives you a shot of local anesthesia which makes the entire process painless. The best root canal hospitals in India offer the latest equipment, advanced technology, best specialists and amazing Indian hospitality.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Nothing is more important for the treatment than the selection of the right hospital with the best doctors when it comes to getting root canal treatment in India. However, there are several factors which you should consider before deciding where you want to get your root canal therapy done. Some of those factors are mentioned below.
• Firstly, you should find out if the hospital where you seek root canal treatment is accredited by NABH or JCI. NABH stands for National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers and is a constituent board of Quality Control of India which assesses the quality and standard of the treatment being delivered across all hospitals in India. Joint Commission International (JCI) is a council board which helps international patients to assess the quality of treatment provided at medical centers around the world.
• Another factor to consider is the location of the hospital. Before selecting the root canal hospitals in India, you should find out the kind of services offered by the healthcare center. There are medical facilities located in isolated areas which provide treatment at low costs, but this is due to the absence of the latest medical equipment and technology.
• Does the healthcare center, which you have selected for your root canal treatment, have positive reviews? You can read reviews of former patients and other useful information about the hospital on our website.
• A very important factor which you should considered is whether the medical center is equipped with satisfactory equipment for performing root canal treatment or not? One can never overemphasize the importance of the skill, expertise and latest technologies.
2. What are the steps involved in a root canal procedure?
A root canal is usually performed in one sitting, or sometimes, 2-3 sittings, depending on the condition of the tooth. The duration of each sitting is between 30-90 minutes. After the endodontist gives you a shot of anesthesia, you experience little to no pain during the entire procedure.
The endodontist gives you a shot of local anesthesia at the very beginning.
After numbing the tooth and the surrounding areas, the endodontist drills an opening through the crown to enable access to the pulp chamber. The endodontist drills an opening from behind the tooth in cases where it’s a front tooth.
Next, the endodontist cleans out the diseased, infected and dead pulp from the canals. This procedure is painless because anesthesia is applied to the area, while the tissue which is removed is dead.
After the infected and dead tissue is removed, disinfectants are used to disinfect the canals.
Then the canals are shaped with fine instruments and filled with a filling known as gutta-percha and sealed. During the shaping process, the canals are washed and clean using the irrigation method.
The gutta-percha is covered with a temporary cover material and kept in place till a crown or cap is placed above the treated tooth.
Finally, the crown is cemented so that it becomes permanent.
3. What are the reasons behind the variation in the cost of treatments at different hospitals in the same country or location?
Treatment costs at different hospitals vary due to several reasons. Some of them are:
Location of the hospital
Types of treatment provided and their duration
The kind of technology used for the treatment
Types of services offered at the hospital
The infrastructure of the hospital
Fees charged by the doctors
Extra procedures required by the patient.
4. What are the facilities provided to international patients?
If you decide to use Medmonks services, then these are the facilities which you will be provided with:
Visa & Flight assistance
Doctor appointments and treatment booking
Free translator, so as to enable you to share your concerns freely with the doctor
Free pick and drop services, so that you don’t feel lost
24*7 customer service
Free video consultation (before arrival & after departure)
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Most of the best root canal hospitals in India provide telemedicine services for international patients. If the medical center does not provide this service, then you can contact Medmonks executive team, which will help you to get in touch with the root canal hospital. Using Medmonks services, will make you eligible for 6-month free follow-up care service which includes message chat and 2 video call sessions.
You can also use these services for various purposes, from follow-up care to medical emergency.
6. What if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks assist the patient in switching to a different hospital?
If you find the infrastructure of the hospital unsatisfactory in any way, you can always get in touch with our executives who will gladly assist you in finding and shifting to a different medical center without interfering with your treatment schedule.
7. Are all experienced doctors in India, working at well-established medical centers?
In the majority of cases, you will find that the best root canal doctors in India are working at established hospitals like Apollo, Fortis, Global etc. The reason for this is that a hospital’s reputation rests on the medical accomplishments of its staff and doctors. The doctors too, choose to work at well-established hospitals because they boast the latest medical equipment and advanced technology.
8. Why should you choose Medmonks?
You should choose Medmonks because it is one of the leading medical travel service providers in India which helps international patients in finding the best root canal hospitals. We receive hundreds of queries from patients seeking root canal treatment on a regular basis.
Why you should use our services?
Pre-arrival services – Besides helping you find the best root canal hospitals in India, Medmonks also arranges video call consultations with your doctor before your arrival to India. This helps you to reach a decision based on professional advice. We also help patients get visa approvals and make flight ticket bookings.
Arrival services – Throughout the duration of your stay, you will be provided with services like airport pickups, accommodation arrangement, doctor appointment arrangement, translator and 24*7 customer care facilities etc.
Post-return services – After the completion of your treatment at the best root canal hospitals in India, you can stay in touch with your doctor through a video call or online chat consultation before returning back to your country.