Best Bone Marrow Transplant Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
Patients can receive quality treatment at an affordable price from the best bone marrow transplant hospitals in India using Medmonks services.
Bone Marrow is a semi-solid tissue which is found within the cancellous or spongy portion of bones. This portion is responsible for producing new blood cells (hematopoiesis). Any dysfunction in this organ can tamper with the production of new cells, causing blood disorders and health problems, with might require a bone marrow transplant surgery.
The cost of bone marrow transplant in India starts at USD 23000 for cancer treatment, which might increase depending on the patient’s disease.
It is important that the patient verifies from the hospital if they provide any specific services that they might require, as bone marrow transplant requires the hospital stay of 35 days and another 30-60 days outside the hospital.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Patients can use the following factors to find the best Bone Marrow Transplant Hospitals in India:
• Does the hospital have a JCI or NABH accreditation? NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) & JCI (Joint Commission International) are both constituent boards designed for assessing the standard of healthcare facilities provided by hospitals through a certificate that can be used by patients for selecting a hospital abroad for their treatment.
• What is the reputation or the reviews of the hospital? Reviews are a great way to determine the credentials of the hospitals. Patients can look up the infrastructure and technology available at the hospital and then patients reviews for assessing the quality of treatment delivered in numerous bone marrow transplant hospitals in India.
• Who is the best hematologist/ bone marrow transplant surgeon in the hospital? Patients can refer to the best doctor in the hospital, who can study their case and provide a second opinion if required.
• What are the technologies used for surgery in India? It is essential that the healthcare center has all the latest technologies to perform the patient's operation with precision and minimal damage.
Patients can also use customized search on our website for researching about different hospitals surgeons and conditions on medmonks.com.
2. What technologies are important to perform a bone marrow transplant?
The AutoXpress Platform – is an advanced automated, closed function system which can efficiently and consistently concentrate on the stem cell-rich coats of blood, isolating the plasma and fractions of red blood cells.
The MarrowXpress - is an advanced version of the AutoXpress system, that slows down the bone marrow and the volume at which the blood is produced within 30 minutes. It is used for preventing cancerous bone marrow from producing more cancer cells before the transplant.
Cryopreservation-Bioarchive – is robotic data storage and retrieval system designed for cryopreserving the samples of stem cells. With controlled computer technology and software, this BioArchive can help the doctors in calculating and analyses the samples of stem cell which can be designed to match the next day's cell therapy needs.
3. Why does the cost of bone marrow transplant vary in different hospitals within the same country or location?
The expenses of any surgical procedure vary in different hospitals within the same area in India, because of multiple factors like cost of machines, room charges, surgeons fees, OT charges, fees of healthcare professionals like nurse/ doctors, cost of medicines and so on.
Different specialists or Hematologist are subject to treat their patients using varied approaches and technique based on their expertise, which obviously will require different equipment and machines.
The cost of the hospital’s operating theater, room rent and other facilities provided at the hospital can also increase the cost of the treatment.
4. What facilities are given to international patients?
Medmonks ensures to take care of its international patients by making them as comfortable as possible in India, holding their hands throughout their treatment offering services like 24*7 helpline, a free translator, lodging arrangements, discounts, and by making religious and dietary arrangements during their stay.
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Most bone marrow transplant hospitals in India provide telemedicine services for international patients, however, even if the patient’s hospital does not provide it, by using Medmonks patients will be eligible to receive free consultation via telephone, message or video chat.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different hospital?
In some cases, the patient might feel unsatisfied by the facilities of the hospital or his/her treatment or just the hospital staff, which might make them want to change their hospitals. Under such circumstances, patients can directly contact Medmonks, and switch to a better hospital. The company will ensure that the patient treatment does not get affected by the switch and given immediate medical attention in the new hospital.
7. What is the cost of Bone Marrow Transplant in India? How many days do I have to stay in India for my treatment?
Majority of bone marrow transplant hospitals in India charge approximately USD 23000 for the treatment. Being a complex procedure, the patient is kept under medical supervision for 35 days in the hospital. Even after the discharge, the patient is asked to stay in India for 30-50 days to visit the hospital for routine follow up care.
8. Where can I find the best bone-marrow transplant surgeons in India?
For most cases, patients will be able to find the best bone-marrow transplant surgeons in India working in the top hospitals of the country. Hospitals fuel their goodwill and reputation, by building an association and taking partial credit for the success rate of their surgeons.
9. Why choose Medmonks?
“Medmonks is an Indian number one patient medical travel assistance company that facilitates international patients with affordable treatment solutions. Patients can visit our website and select the Hematology hospital of their choice, and we will make appointments with the hematologist selected by them, and arrange accommodations for them, their family or friends to stay near the hospital.
Reasons to experience medical healthcare with us:
A network of Certified Doctors & Bone Marrow Transplant Hospitals in India
On Ground Services – Visa Assistance│ Flight Booking│ Hotel Booking│ Doctor Appointments │24*7 Helpline│ Dietary Arrangements
Free Translation Services – So you can freely express your concerns.
Free Follow-up Care – Patients might want to stay in touch with their Bone Marrow Transplant Hospitals in India after the surgery or treatment. We arrange follow-up care for our patient via video calls to allow them to discuss their concerns with their doctors.”