Best Nephrology Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
Nephrology is the medical specialty concerned with the study and function of the kidney. It focuses on the preservation, diagnosis, and treatment of Kidney health, which includes diet, medication, or renal replacement therapy (Kidney Dialysis and Kidney Transplant). Kidney diseases are becoming more common worldwide because of the sedentary routine and unhealthy lifestyle of people. And naturally, these patients seek quality treatment at an affordable price, which motivates them to travel overseas. Nephrology Hospitals in India are designed with top-notch infrastructural design to facilitate all the latest technologies for the patients.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Factors that can help the patients select the best nephrology hospital:
• Is the hospital accredited by (NABH or JCI)? JCI (Joint Commission International) is an international council board that analyses the quality of services offered by healthcare providers in the nations that come under its umbrella. NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) is a similar board, which analyses the healthcare quality standard in Indian Hospitals.
• Is the hospital infrastructurally advanced? Is it equipped with the latest technology? Nephrology consists of both surgical and non-surgical treatments for kidney disease which require different advanced technologies and a hospital stay of a few days making it important that the infrastructure of the hospitals is welcoming. Patients should also ensure that the hospital is equipped with the latest technologies, which they can search on our website.
• What are the educational qualifications of the faculty working at the hospital? Are they registered to practice in the country? Medmonks has ensured to list registered and certified doctors on its website making it easy for patients to select a doctor. Indian nephrologists have the required qualification and training to perform and deliver quality treatments for all types of kidney conditions.
The patient might be overwhelmed by the idea of traveling overseas for their treatment, having no clue about who is the best nephrology hospital or surgeon in India. So, they can use our company’s network for comparing doctors, infrastructure and technology available at the some of the top hospitals in India.
2. What technologies are important to perform nephrology procedures?
CRRT – Continuous Renal Replacement Therapies are delivered to patients continuously for 24 hours. It focuses on continuous hemodialysis circuits.
Blood Pressure Clinic – consists of a dedicated team which regularly check the general health factors of the patient before and after the kidney dialysis or transplantation.
24*7 Hemodialysis Center – It is important that the hospital has a dedicated center for the management of hemodialysis, any delay in the dialysis can result in the patient experiencing a life-threatening condition. It comprises of different machines that used in different dialysis techniques.
Nephro OPD – is a facility dedicated to providing the highest standard of medical care for all acute or minor kidney diseases.
Specialized Transplant OPD – is a clinic that offers an extensive range of renal treatment services that supported by advanced technology and allied health professionals. It includes specialized clinics like Dialysis Follow-up care, diabetic clinic, transplant clinic and hypertension clinic.
Stone Clinic – is a comprehensive clinic that focuses on full patient evaluation and metabolic profile of stone causation. All surgical aspects will be discussed at length with the patient by the team of specialists at this clinic.
3. Why does the cost of treatment vary in different hospitals within the same state or location?
The cost of nephrology treatment can vary in different hospitals in the same location because of the following reasons.
Room Charges at the Hospital
Fees of the Surgeon/ Doctor
Fees of Other Specialists
Cost of Additional Procedures
The technique used for the treatment
Use of special compounds or technology used in the surgery
Use any additional Surgery
The requirement of additional Procedure
Cost of medicines used before, during & after the treatment
Other Miscellaneous Reasons
4. What facilities are given to international patients?
The hospital treats and provides international patients with the same facilities as the domestic patients. However, our company has designed treatment packages for the patients in which our team does all the groundwork for them, while the patient focuses on his/her treatment, including:
Visa assistance & Flight Booking
Video Consultant: Before & After Treatment
Free Translator Service
24*7 Support Care etc.
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Some healthcare centers like Fortis and Apollo Hospital provide electronic-medicine services for international patients. However, it is still not a common service offered at all hospitals. Keeping this mind, our company has designed its treatment package that can facilitate this service for the patient, allowing them to stay in touch with their doctors via free message chat (for 6 months) and two video calls after their treatment. This service can be used for any medical emergency, consultation, or follow-up care.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different hospital?
Patients are requested to contact Medmonks immediately in case they feel uncomfortable or unsatisfied by the services provided at the hospital chosen by them. The company will help them handle the situation, by switching them to a different hospital of the same stature that is equipped with the same technologies so that the quality of the treatment is not comprised because of the moving process.
7. Will the Nephrology Hospital in India, help me find a kidney donor?
Indian government prohibits international patients from getting an organ of an Indian donor (living or deceased), as it is categorized as organ smuggling which is an illegal in the country.
International patients will have to travel with their potential donor, preferably a relative or a friend, who has the same blood group as them for their kidney transplant surgery in India.
8. What is the cost of Kidney Dialysis and Kidney Transplant Surgery in India?
The cost of kidney transplantation in India is almost 4 to 5 less compared to countries like France, America and UK.
The cost of Kidney transplant surgery in India range somewhere between USD 9,500 to USD 13,500 while the cost of Kidney Dialysis starts at USD 120 per session.
Dialysis can be performed on an outpatient basis, and the transplantation surgery can require a hospital stay of approximately 10 days. However, the patient is expected to stay for 30 to 50 days in the country to receive follow-up care after their transplant operation.
9. Why choose Medmonks?
“Medmonks is a leading patient management company based in India, which is run by a team of doctors and healthcare geniuses that have a combined experience of over 100 years in the medical sector. We provide international patients with an open door that helps them kickstart their treatment without any hassle at an affordable price. We walk with our patients acting as their guide from the moment they land in India, supporting them throughout their treatment until they board the flight to their home country.
We also provide additional services which include:
• Visa Approvals and Flight Arrangement
• Doctor appointment arrangement
• Accommodation facilities for co-travelers
• Free Translators – To help assist with the doctor appointments, consultations and basic needs during patient’s stay in India.
• 24*7 Support Care – To help patients with any form of medical or personal emergency.
• Free Video Consultations (Before & After the treatment) – we offer extended post return services to patients providing 2 free video and six months of free chat consultations with their nephrologist in India after their treatment.
• Online prescriptions and medicine delivery, if required.”