Best Rheumatology Hospitals in India
Don't know where to start?
- Speak to our in house doctor
- Get a response within 5 minutes
33 Years old Mozambique Patient undergoes CTVS pro....
Patient: Mr SargioCangola Age: 33 male Country: Mozam....Read More
UAE Patient Underwent Successful Knee Replacement ....
Country: UAE Condition: Knee Problems Treatment: Robo....Read More
Rheumatology Hospitals in India
Rheumatology is the study, diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to muscles, ligaments or joints and other conditions like arthritis. Rheumatic diseases often cause inflammation, pain and loss of motion in the joints, which over time can cause significant damage, preventing the patient from performing basic tasks. There are over 200 plus distinct rheumatic diseases known to man. This is the main reason Rheumatology Hospitals In India are stormed by dozens of patients every day for treatment of conditions like Gout, Lupus, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Scleroderma, Osteoarthritis, and Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis etc.
1. How do I know which is the right hospital for me? How do I review/assess a hospital?
Factors that should be considered while selecting rheumatology hospitals in India:
• Does the hospital have a JCI or NABH accreditation? NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) is an Indian council board, and JCI (Joint Commission International) is an international patient management accreditation designed for assessing the quality of the healthcare facilities available in the area that come under their council. Patients should look for these certificates while seeking medical treatment abroad to determine the quality of the treatment which will be delivered to them.
• What is the reputation of the hospital? Patients can also read the reviews given to the hospital by its previous patient for assessing the standard of services provided there.
• Who is the best rheumatologist in the hospital? While selecting a hospital, patients also check the reviews and qualification of the rheumatologist who is working at that hospital, cause, in the end, he/she is going to perform the treatment.
• Does the hospital have all the necessary equipment and technology that might be required for the treatment? It is important that the healthcare center is equipped with the necessary resources that can help in delivering faster results.
Patients can also refer to our website and compare infrastructure, staff and technology available at different healthcare centers for selecting the best rheumatology hospital in India.
2. Why does the cost of treatment vary in different hospitals in the same country or location?
There are a variety of factors that can lead to variation in the cost of rheumatology treatment in India, which include:
Fees of Rheumatologist
Location of the hospital
Type of Hospital (Private/ Public/ Speciality)
Technologies available and used in the treatment
Days spent in the hospital
Cost distribution amongst HR
Cost of Consultation
Cost of Lab Tests
3. What are the latest technologies used for the treatment of rheumatology conditions?
Several anatomical imaging techniques have been used for decades now for diagnosing and monitoring RA. However, despite the advancement, these imaging techniques fail to produce cellular, & physiological changes that occur during the initial stages of RA. Currently, researches are developing molecular imaging technology, that offers a non-invasive method for diagnosing, monitoring and guiding the treatment. It is said to produce even the most functional changes that occur inside the bones during RA.
Disease-Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs (DMARDs)
DMARDs are one of the most common medicines used for providing relief to the symptoms of rheumatic conditions, which cause joint and muscle pain. Advancement in the medical world is significantly helping doctors find new drugs and formula that can also prevent the pain from coming back with regular use of the drug.
4. What facilities are given to international patients?
Medmonks provides international patients with facilities like free (visa, flight and accommodation) assistance doing all the ground work for them, while also offering a free translator, treatment discounts, telemedicine services and a lot more at a completely reasonable price.
5. Do hospitals provide telemedicine services for international patients?
Not all but most hospitals dealing with international patients provide telemedicine services. However, even if a patient’s hospital does not provide these services, Medmonks will help them get in touch with their doctors after their treatment through free message chat service or a video call session.
6. What happens if a patient doesn’t like the hospital chosen by them? Will Medmonks help the patient in switching to a different hospital?
If due to any circumstance patient found themselves unhappy or dissatisfaction with the facilities provided by the hospital selected by them, they can contact our executives to switch to a different healthcare center without comprising with the schedule planned for their treatment.
7. How are some of the best rheumatologists in India trained?
Rheumatologists in India have to attend four years of theoretical and practical training from a government-affiliated medical college and then undergo an extended training program in rheumatology after graduating. Later, they can gain additional specialization in the field for treating more advanced or specific types of rheumatic conditions.
8. What is the cost of different rheumatology procedures?
Gout, Lupus, Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, Scleroderma, Osteoarthritis (OA), and Sjogren Syndrome etc. are some of the most common types of rheumatology procedures. All of these conditions apart from OA require medical management. The cost of therapies used for their treatment can range from USD 100-500 per month
If these fail to work and the cases are more complicated or severe than second-line therapy, or newer immunomodulation therapy will be prescribed to the patient that can range between USD 500-1200 per month
Promising therapies like stem cell therapy which ranges from USD 5500 to 45000 can also be used for the treatment. Booster therapy if advised will cost around USD 2500-8000 per session. Usually, initial therapy suffices but in resistant cases booster therapy for 1-3 years (one session every year may provide desired results)
Osteoarthritis will initially require medical treatment, but severe cases can find relief from joint replacement or stem cell therapy.
Patients will have to undergo detailed evaluation including CBC, LKFT, urine analysis, complement levels, ANA, dsDNA, lesion biopsy, diagnostic scans etc. and based on the results further treatment plan will be decided.
Initial stay in India for doctor consultation, detailed screening and the start of treatment will be around 1 to 2 weeks. The estimated cost of initial evaluation will be approx. USD 1200-1500 on OPD basis for rheumatology conditions.
8. Why choose Medmonks?
“Medmonks is an Indian patient management company that facilitates international patients with affordable treatment solutions. Patients can visit our website and select the rheumatology hospital of their choice, and we will make appointments with the rheumatologist selected by them, and arrange accommodations for them, their family or friends to stay near the hospital.
Reasons to experience medical healthcare with us:
On Ground Services – We will walk with you like your guide, the moment you step your foot in India till your board a flight back to your country. We provide airport pickup and drop services.
Free Translation Services – We want our patient to feel comfortable in India, and that can be done if they are unable to communicate or convey their needs. So, we offer free translation services for all languages.
Free Follow-up Care – Patients might want to stay in touch with their Rheumatology Hospital In India after the surgery or treatment. We arrange follow-up care for our patient via video calls to allow them to discuss their concerns with their doctors.”